Does Super Visa Insurance policy cover Cancer?
Cancer is the abnormal or malignant growth of cells which spread throughout the body destroying healthy tissue. The diagnosis of cancer is usually confirmed by a biopsy and the extent of the disease is established by other tests. Depending on its severity, cancer can be life threatening or can be easily cured. Cancer in situ and the other exclusions (except for a tumour developing in the presence of HIV) are not considered life threatening and their treatment has a fairly high success rate.
- When cancer cells have not spread beyond the structure of the tumour itself, the cancer is referred to as in situ. This is the initial stage of cancer. Once it begins invading the adjacent structures, it is no longer considered in situ.
When buying Super Visa insurance policy in Canada from a Canadian Insurance company, one must look into the definitions, exclusions, eligibility, type of cancer covered. Every insurance company has its own independent offering.
Allianz Insurance companydoes not cover Cancer as pre existing condition in Super Visa policy in following cases:
- has been diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 cancer; or
- has received treatment for any cancer (other than basal or squamous cell skin cancer or breast cancer treated only with hormone therapy) in the past 3 months; or
- requires assistance with activities of daily living as the result of a medical condition or state of health.
Destination Insurance companycovers pre existing condition in following cases:
This policy will not provide coverage, provide services, or pay claims for expenses incurred directly or indirectly as a result of:
- a) If you are 79 years of age or under
on the application date and selected Option 1 at the time of application:
Any pre-existing medical condition unless it was stable in the 120 days immediately before the effective date.
- b) If you are 79 years of age or under
on the application date and selected Option 2 at the time of application:
Any pre-existing medical condition.
- c) If you are 80 years of age or over on the application date: Any pre-existing medical condition.
- Any sickness for which symptoms occurred within:
- 48 hours after the effective date, if you are age 85 or younger on your effective date; or
- 15 days after the effective date, if you are age 86 or older on your effective date;
except when this insurance is purchased:
- a) prior to the date of your arrival to Canada; or
- b) before the expiry date of your existing Visitors to Canada policy issued by the insurer.
Except:Any losses incurred when a diagnosis or treatment was received, prior to the effective date, for pancreatic cancer, liver cancer or any type of cancer that has metastasized (migrated to another organ from its original site).
Get your free quote here. We at Life Care are committed to provide you excellent coverage at best rates. Best service, Best rates and Best coverage are our MOTO.