We’re allowing clients to defer their premiums interest-free for up to 90 days if they:
- Have contracted COVID-19Can’t work due to a COVID-19 diagnosis
- Have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Can’t go to work because of travel restrictions
- Lost their job or have been temporarily laid off
- Other reasons closely related to COVID-19
All life insurance, critical illness and disability products in force as of March 16, 2020. Healthcare coverage premiums cannot be deferred.
Monthly automatic withdrawals
We can push back automated withdrawals up to 90 days after the premium is due. You’ll get a copy of the letter we send your client to let them know when we’ll begin withdrawing payments again.
Billing by notice of premium
A 90-day grace period for us to receive payments will be granted, starting from the day the premium is due.
Contract has negative fund or negative cash surrender value
If your client’s contract has negative fund or negative cash surrender value, we’ll wait 90 days before applying contract’s provisions.
2 ways to make requests
- Your advisor can send a request to email@example.com.
The email should explain which of these situations applies to your client.
- As a client you can contact directly our Customer Contact Centre at 1-800-278-0669. We’d be happy to help.
The contract provisions will be applied after the 90-day period. If there is no cash surrender value, usually, the policy will be terminated.
If an event resulting in a life insurance or critical illness claim occurs during the 90-day period, any premiums due will be deducted from the benefit paid.